Stories once read

Stories once read


Treading the pages of those forgotten books so long ago
I remember how it was playing with words and juggling sentences

I had a favorite book of my own and I would read it every night
My mother would help me with the large words and phrases
Curious George and Clifford the Big Red Dog were fun

My reading has turned me now to wider worlds and landscapes
Much larger than I could have ever imagined on my own
I feel disheartened and lonely when I cannot read anything
For my books are my friends and I love them all
I would do much more reading if I could have the time

You would think that I would get sick of reading
The idea is that once you get used to it you do it more
Sometimes this is true other times it is not
For I usually forget to read the most holy book
Whether seventy or one you have to agree

There is no other book that has changes as many lives

As the Bible has


Copyright 2003 by pauly hart

No comments: