Adelphoi is published

Click here to purchase
As many of you know, I am a flaming, red-hot Christian, on fire for Jesus.

And, as many of you others know, I write books.

What some of you may not know is that I write horror stories.

As you may be able to tell from the creepy cover, this latest work is a book of horror stories.

But what does a horror story written by a Christian look like?

There's two answers for this, but before I give them to you, I would like you to read the preface in Adelphoi.

Once you're done reading the Preface text (or before - whatever you want really), let us suppose that we can clarify that horror is just a story about survival. Horror is "making it to the end of the story" with your life... Not necessarily in one piece, but alive nonetheless.


Classically, "Jurassic Park" and "Arachnophobia" are horror movies. Just survive to the end. The monsters are a little more tame than, say, Dracula... But they are monsters and you have to live.

Sometimes the monsters are so overwhelming that they can be supernatural. "The Mist" movie is one of the most horrible of all supernatural horror movies I've ever seen. Almost everyone dies and the hero is made to choose unthinkable things.

But let me put to ease your questions about my sanity, calling myself a "Christian Horror Writer."

Horror is a story that you have to endure through. Christianity is the belief that the Son of the Intelligent Designer sacrificed Himself so that we wouldn't die. Conclusion? A Christian Horror writer is a person who writes about horrible things and the power of Jesus to overcome them.

So what are the two answers for "What does a horror story by a Christian look like?"

Answer 1) A story about a horrible thing, with a saving grace at the end.

Answer 2) A story about a horrible thing, with a tragic ending and a moral purpose.

I think that's pretty straight forward.

So there may be some "raw life" in the story. So what? Do Christians pretend to sit around with harps and halos? No. We get dirty just like the rest of the world. Real life and even, in this instance, imagined life, is harsh and cruel and violent. And there are some violent scenes in the book that I wrote. There's also some cool stuff, like angels and guns. But just because the story is a "good story" doesn't mean that the bad guy doesn't rip off an arm or two in the telling.

I'm not saying that the ends justify the means. Far from it.

What I am saying is that good stories are visual and have an impact on the reader. I want these stories to evoke emotion and to be memorable. I want you and everyone who turns the pages to feel what the characters are going through.

In the end, life is hard but God is good.

I hope you enjoy reading the book.

Jesus loves you.

-Pauly Hart
February 14th 2020

#AdelphoiBook #Brom #BromArt