Time Zones Fun

How many are there?

Let's think, One Earth. 24 hours in a day. One Sun... 24 time zones! Huzzah, you did it!

Yes. Lucy, The world is a ball.

There are 24 of them.

Around ten countries have "half hour zime zones" or "offset time zones"

One of those is India.

There are 1.2 billion people in India.

There are 6.9 billion people in the world.

That means that one out of around 6 people lives in an offset time zone.

What is an offset time zone?

It is one that goes on a thirty minute marker.

Like in Newfoundland Canada.

If it is 6:00pm in the United States Virgin Islands, then it is 6:30pm in Twillingate Newfoundland.

I have a couple of friends in Twillingate.

Hi Colon and Dulce!

They are my friends.

If it is 6:30pm in Twillingate, then it is noon in Hawaii.

I like Hawaii. My wife and I went.

We weren't together when we went, it's just that we have both been there.

Time zones! YAY!