Loving Mean People



Often as people we walk around judging success by visible immediate results. This is often wonderful, as this is how we can measure and achieve statistics of growth, but let us not forget that often, it is not how good you look, it is the inside of your heart that is what really matters. I've had a hard time dealing with someone in my life. They "look good" on paper and in real life but in hidden corners of conversation between them and myself - indeed and in front of our peers I am shamefully treated, silenced, mocked and belittled. It is not love I see in their eyes and my last altercation with them led me to tears. It was only the hugs of my wonderful wife that brought me back out of my misery.

I have had a difficult time dealing with a person in my life that is a hindrance and a stumbling block to my life and my heart. I have tried talking one on one with this person and have talked to them in front of a leader, but with no success. I have tried reason, charity and kindness - only to have it thrown back in my face with scorn and pride. I don't give up on them because love won't give up. but I have done everything according to Matthew 18:15-17 but I don't think I am ready to give up on them just yet even though I have a Godly right to. I will probably go the Luke 6:28 way and just keep on loving them, because in their childish way, that is what they need.

Love is tender and keeps no record of wrong. With all of the tears on my pillow and from all of the depths of my heart I firmly desire to give this person what they NEED not what they DESERVE. Most daily Bible readers know that pride goes before the fall. But I don't want this person to fall. I really want them to live and prosper in their life, reject arrogance and scorn and turn to the open heart of forgiveness, trust and understanding that is found in Christianity. It needs to happen. You really can't live a pure life in pride, it takes too much energy to be above people all the time. Sooner or later, you get smacked back in your place and it hurts. So, I mean, I hope they don't get hurt.

But the LORD said to Samuel, "Don't judge by his appearance or height, for I have rejected him. The LORD doesn't see things the way you see them. People judge by outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart." I hope to look at their heart. I want to love them more. I hope to pray for them as Jesus prayed for them... It's just trying in the meantime.

You probably have people like this in your life. It hurts to love them, because they are full of spite and sometimes even malice... Yet do we love? Shall we not love them more? I say: "Yes."

God bless you.

-Pauly