Today...


Today... now half gone... speaks loudly in my ear.
Achieve this... perceive that... is the song I clearly hear.

Yesterday... I remember how clear it seemed...
In six inch rule... and one inch margin bleeds...
Thought you would... I knew you could...
And so far... you should...
Today is not tomorrow... and...
Yesterday is not the rest of the week...
Seven days without prayer...

Really makes one... weak...
I wish I were young again...
But I'm not... I'm this age for a... reason...
It's funny... when looking back...
So much seemed to... pass me by...
How I wish... I would never age...
But it would probably be boring...
I used to think that... I was born...
In the wrong era of history...
Not anymore... I'm much more thankful...
For being alive at all... Today...


Copyright ...2000 by pauly

No comments: