younger ( and moonrise)


When I was younger I ran up hills
and chased cats, dreamed of space
and drew monsters, goofed around
and got in trouble, shot my slingshot
and climbed my trees, swam my lakes
and invented my dreams, wrote my poems
and skated my board, played with toys
and collected comics, stole some money
and kissed some girls, when I was younger
When I was younger I did a lot
and now I am older, and I do more
When I was younger I did allot
and now I am older, and I do more

(Black sky sick with purple stars)
(Gray clouds scattered, hemming in life)
(Sickening and pale, strewn with moss)
The dead eye stares lifeless and unblinking
(flickering and unliving... moonrise)


(my life... echoes... my dark life)
The dead eye stares lifeless and unblinking
(moonrise)


Copyright 2003 by pauly hart

No comments: