4th Psalms (90-106)

4th Psalms (90-106)

Pss.90
[1] LORD, thou hast been our dwelling place in all generations.
[2] Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.
[3] Thou turnest man to destruction; and sayest, Return, ye children of men.
[4] For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.
[5] Thou carriest them away as with a flood; they are as a sleep: in the morning they are like grass which groweth up.
[6] In the morning it flourisheth, and groweth up; in the evening it is cut down, and withereth.
[7] For we are consumed by thine anger, and by thy wrath are we troubled.
[8] Thou hast set our iniquities before thee, our secret sins in the light of thy countenance.
[9] For all our days are passed away in thy wrath: we spend our years as a tale that is told.
[10] The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.
[11] Who knoweth the power of thine anger? even according to thy fear, so is thy wrath.
[12] So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.
[13] Return, O LORD, how long? and let it repent thee concerning thy servants.
[14] O satisfy us early with thy mercy; that we may rejoice and be glad all our days.
[15] Make us glad according to the days wherein thou hast afflicted us, and the years wherein we have seen evil.
[16] Let thy work appear unto thy servants, and thy glory unto their children.
[17] And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us: and establish thou the work of our hands upon us; yea, the work of our hands establish thou it.
Pss.91
[1] He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
[2] I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
[3] Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
[4] He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
[5] Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
[6] Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
[7] A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
[8] Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
[9] Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
[10] There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
[11] For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
[12] They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
[13] Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
[14] Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
[15] He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
[16] With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.
Pss.92
[1] It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High:
[2] To shew forth thy lovingkindness in the morning, and thy faithfulness every night,
[3] Upon an instrument of ten strings, and upon the psaltery; upon the harp with a solemn sound.
[4] For thou, LORD, hast made me glad through thy work: I will triumph in the works of thy hands.
[5] O LORD, how great are thy works! and thy thoughts are very deep.
[6] A brutish man knoweth not; neither doth a fool understand this.
[7] When the wicked spring as the grass, and when all the workers of iniquity do flourish; it is that they shall be destroyed for ever:
[8] But thou, LORD, art most high for evermore.
[9] For, lo, thine enemies, O LORD, for, lo, thine enemies shall perish; all the workers of iniquity shall be scattered.
[10] But my horn shalt thou exalt like the horn of an unicorn: I shall be anointed with fresh oil.
[11] Mine eye also shall see my desire on mine enemies, and mine ears shall hear my desire of the wicked that rise up against me.
[12] The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree: he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon.
[13] Those that be planted in the house of the LORD shall flourish in the courts of our God.
[14] They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing;
[15] To shew that the LORD is upright: he is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him.
Pss.93
[1] The LORD reigneth, he is clothed with majesty; the LORD is clothed with strength, wherewith he hath girded himself: the world also is stablished, that it cannot be moved.
[2] Thy throne is established of old: thou art from everlasting.
[3] The floods have lifted up, O LORD, the floods have lifted up their voice; the floods lift up their waves.
[4] The LORD on high is mightier than the noise of many waters, yea, than the mighty waves of the sea.
[5] Thy testimonies are very sure: holiness becometh thine house, O LORD, for ever.
Pss.94
[1] O LORD God, to whom vengeance belongeth; O God, to whom vengeance belongeth, shew thyself.
[2] Lift up thyself, thou judge of the earth: render a reward to the proud.
[3] LORD, how long shall the wicked, how long shall the wicked triumph?
[4] How long shall they utter and speak hard things? and all the workers of iniquity boast themselves?
[5] They break in pieces thy people, O LORD, and afflict thine heritage.
[6] They slay the widow and the stranger, and murder the fatherless.
[7] Yet they say, The LORD shall not see, neither shall the God of Jacob regard it.
[8] Understand, ye brutish among the people: and ye fools, when will ye be wise?
[9] He that planted the ear, shall he not hear? he that formed the eye, shall he not see?
[10] He that chastiseth the heathen, shall not he correct? he that teacheth man knowledge, shall not he know?
[11] The LORD knoweth the thoughts of man, that they are vanity.
[12] Blessed is the man whom thou chastenest, O LORD, and teachest him out of thy law;
[13] That thou mayest give him rest from the days of adversity, until the pit be digged for the wicked.
[14] For the LORD will not cast off his people, neither will he forsake his inheritance.
[15] But judgment shall return unto righteousness: and all the upright in heart shall follow it.
[16] Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? or who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity?
[17] Unless the LORD had been my help, my soul had almost dwelt in silence.
[18] When I said, My foot slippeth; thy mercy, O LORD, held me up.
[19] In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul.
[20] Shall the throne of iniquity have fellowship with thee, which frameth mischief by a law?
[21] They gather themselves together against the soul of the righteous, and condemn the innocent blood.
[22] But the LORD is my defence; and my God is the rock of my refuge.
[23] And he shall bring upon them their own iniquity, and shall cut them off in their own wickedness; yea, the LORD our God shall cut them off.
Pss.95
[1] O come, let us sing unto the LORD: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation.
[2] Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.
[3] For the LORD is a great God, and a great King above all gods.
[4] In his hand are the deep places of the earth: the strength of the hills is his also.
[5] The sea is his, and he made it: and his hands formed the dry land.
[6] O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker.
[7] For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice,
[8] Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
[9] When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my work.
[10] Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways:
[11] Unto whom I sware in my wrath that they should not enter into my rest.
Pss.96
[1] O sing unto the LORD a new song: sing unto the LORD, all the earth.
[2] Sing unto the LORD, bless his name; shew forth his salvation from day to day.
[3] Declare his glory among the heathen, his wonders among all people.
[4] For the LORD is great, and greatly to be praised: he is to be feared above all gods.
[5] For all the gods of the nations are idols: but the LORD made the heavens.
[6] Honour and majesty are before him: strength and beauty are in his sanctuary.
[7] Give unto the LORD, O ye kindreds of the people, give unto the LORD glory and strength.
[8] Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name: bring an offering, and come into his courts.
[9] O worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness: fear before him, all the earth.
[10] Say among the heathen that the LORD reigneth: the world also shall be established that it shall not be moved: he shall judge the people righteously.
[11] Let the heavens rejoice, and let the earth be glad; let the sea roar, and the fulness thereof.
[12] Let the field be joyful, and all that is therein: then shall all the trees of the wood rejoice
[13] Before the LORD: for he cometh, for he cometh to judge the earth: he shall judge the world with righteousness, and the people with his truth.
Pss.97
[1] The LORD reigneth; let the earth rejoice; let the multitude of isles be glad thereof.
[2] Clouds and darkness are round about him: righteousness and judgment are the habitation of his throne.
[3] A fire goeth before him, and burneth up his enemies round about.
[4] His lightnings enlightened the world: the earth saw, and trembled.
[5] The hills melted like wax at the presence of the LORD, at the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.
[6] The heavens declare his righteousness, and all the people see his glory.
[7] Confounded be all they that serve graven images, that boast themselves of idols: worship him, all ye gods.
[8] Zion heard, and was glad; and the daughters of Judah rejoiced because of thy judgments, O LORD.
[9] For thou, LORD, art high above all the earth: thou art exalted far above all gods.
[10] Ye that love the LORD, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked.
[11] Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.
[12] Rejoice in the LORD, ye righteous; and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.
Pss.98
[1] O sing unto the LORD a new song; for he hath done marvellous things: his right hand, and his holy arm, hath gotten him the victory.
[2] The LORD hath made known his salvation: his righteousness hath he openly shewed in the sight of the heathen.
[3] He hath remembered his mercy and his truth toward the house of Israel: all the ends of the earth have seen the salvation of our God.
[4] Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all the earth: make a loud noise, and rejoice, and sing praise.
[5] Sing unto the LORD with the harp; with the harp, and the voice of a psalm.
[6] With trumpets and sound of cornet make a joyful noise before the LORD, the King.
[7] Let the sea roar, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.
[8] Let the floods clap their hands: let the hills be joyful together
[9] Before the LORD; for he cometh to judge the earth: with righteousness shall he judge the world, and the people with equity.
Pss.99
[1] The LORD reigneth; let the people tremble: he sitteth between the cherubims; let the earth be moved.
[2] The LORD is great in Zion; and he is high above all the people.
[3] Let them praise thy great and terrible name; for it is holy.
[4] The king's strength also loveth judgment; thou dost establish equity, thou executest judgment and righteousness in Jacob.
[5] Exalt ye the LORD our God, and worship at his footstool; for he is holy.
[6] Moses and Aaron among his priests, and Samuel among them that call upon his name; they called upon the LORD, and he answered them.
[7] He spake unto them in the cloudy pillar: they kept his testimonies, and the ordinance that he gave them.
[8] Thou answeredst them, O LORD our God: thou wast a God that forgavest them, though thou tookest vengeance of their inventions.
[9] Exalt the LORD our God, and worship at his holy hill; for the LORD our God is holy.
Pss.100
[1] Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.
[2] Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.
[3] Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
[4] Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
[5] For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.
Pss.101
[1] I will sing of mercy and judgment: unto thee, O LORD, will I sing.
[2] I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. O when wilt thou come unto me? I will walk within my house with a perfect heart.
[3] I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.
[4] A froward heart shall depart from me: I will not know a wicked person.
[5] Whoso privily slandereth his neighbour, him will I cut off: him that hath an high look and a proud heart will not I suffer.
[6] Mine eyes shall be upon the faithful of the land, that they may dwell with me: he that walketh in a perfect way, he shall serve me.
[7] He that worketh deceit shall not dwell within my house: he that telleth lies shall not tarry in my sight.
[8] I will early destroy all the wicked of the land; that I may cut off all wicked doers from the city of the LORD.
Pss.102
[1] Hear my prayer, O LORD, and let my cry come unto thee.
[2] Hide not thy face from me in the day when I am in trouble; incline thine ear unto me: in the day when I call answer me speedily.
[3] For my days are consumed like smoke, and my bones are burned as an hearth.
[4] My heart is smitten, and withered like grass; so that I forget to eat my bread.
[5] By reason of the voice of my groaning my bones cleave to my skin.
[6] I am like a pelican of the wilderness: I am like an owl of the desert.
[7] I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
[8] Mine enemies reproach me all the day; and they that are mad against me are sworn against me.
[9] For I have eaten ashes like bread, and mingled my drink with weeping,
[10] Because of thine indignation and thy wrath: for thou hast lifted me up, and cast me down.
[11] My days are like a shadow that declineth; and I am withered like grass.
[12] But thou, O LORD, shalt endure for ever; and thy remembrance unto all generations.
[13] Thou shalt arise, and have mercy upon Zion: for the time to favour her, yea, the set time, is come.
[14] For thy servants take pleasure in her stones, and favour the dust thereof.
[15] So the heathen shall fear the name of the LORD, and all the kings of the earth thy glory.
[16] When the LORD shall build up Zion, he shall appear in his glory.
[17] He will regard the prayer of the destitute, and not despise their prayer.
[18] This shall be written for the generation to come: and the people which shall be created shall praise the LORD.
[19] For he hath looked down from the height of his sanctuary; from heaven did the LORD behold the earth;
[20] To hear the groaning of the prisoner; to loose those that are appointed to death;
[21] To declare the name of the LORD in Zion, and his praise in Jerusalem;
[22] When the people are gathered together, and the kingdoms, to serve the LORD.
[23] He weakened my strength in the way; he shortened my days.
[24] I said, O my God, take me not away in the midst of my days: thy years are throughout all generations.
[25] Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens are the work of thy hands.
[26] They shall perish, but thou shalt endure: yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment; as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed:
[27] But thou art the same, and thy years shall have no end.
[28] The children of thy servants shall continue, and their seed shall be established before thee.
Pss.103
[1] Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.
[2] Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
[3] Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
[4] Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;
[5] Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.
[6] The LORD executeth righteousness and judgment for all that are oppressed.
[7] He made known his ways unto Moses, his acts unto the children of Israel.
[8] The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.
[9] He will not always chide: neither will he keep his anger for ever.
[10] He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.
[11] For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.
[12] As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.
[13] Like as a father pitieth his children, so the LORD pitieth them that fear him.
[14] For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.
[15] As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth.
[16] For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone; and the place thereof shall know it no more.
[17] But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;
[18] To such as keep his covenant, and to those that remember his commandments to do them.
[19] The LORD hath prepared his throne in the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over all.
[20] Bless the LORD, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word.
[21] Bless ye the LORD, all ye his hosts; ye ministers of his, that do his pleasure.
[22] Bless the LORD, all his works in all places of his dominion: bless the LORD, O my soul.
Pss.104
[1] Bless the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty.
[2] Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain:
[3] Who layeth the beams of his chambers in the waters: who maketh the clouds his chariot: who walketh upon the wings of the wind:
[4] Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire:
[5] Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever.
[6] Thou coveredst it with the deep as with a garment: the waters stood above the mountains.
[7] At thy rebuke they fled; at the voice of thy thunder they hasted away.
[8] They go up by the mountains; they go down by the valleys unto the place which thou hast founded for them.
[9] Thou hast set a bound that they may not pass over; that they turn not again to cover the earth.
[10] He sendeth the springs into the valleys, which run among the hills.
[11] They give drink to every beast of the field: the wild asses quench their thirst.
[12] By them shall the fowls of the heaven have their habitation, which sing among the branches.
[13] He watereth the hills from his chambers: the earth is satisfied with the fruit of thy works.
[14] He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth;
[15] And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart.
[16] The trees of the LORD are full of sap; the cedars of Lebanon, which he hath planted;
[17] Where the birds make their nests: as for the stork, the fir trees are her house.
[18] The high hills are a refuge for the wild goats; and the rocks for the conies.
[19] He appointed the moon for seasons: the sun knoweth his going down.
[20] Thou makest darkness, and it is night: wherein all the beasts of the forest do creep forth.
[21] The young lions roar after their prey, and seek their meat from God.
[22] The sun ariseth, they gather themselves together, and lay them down in their dens.
[23] Man goeth forth unto his work and to his labour until the evening.
[24] O LORD, how manifold are thy works! in wisdom hast thou made them all: the earth is full of thy riches.
[25] So is this great and wide sea, wherein are things creeping innumerable, both small and great beasts.
[26] There go the ships: there is that leviathan, whom thou hast made to play therein.
[27] These wait all upon thee; that thou mayest give them their meat in due season.
[28] That thou givest them they gather: thou openest thine hand, they are filled with good.
[29] Thou hidest thy face, they are troubled: thou takest away their breath, they die, and return to their dust.
[30] Thou sendest forth thy spirit, they are created: and thou renewest the face of the earth.
[31] The glory of the LORD shall endure for ever: the LORD shall rejoice in his works.
[32] He looketh on the earth, and it trembleth: he toucheth the hills, and they smoke.
[33] I will sing unto the LORD as long as I live: I will sing praise to my God while I have my being.
[34] My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the LORD.
[35] Let the sinners be consumed out of the earth, and let the wicked be no more. Bless thou the LORD, O my soul. Praise ye the LORD.
Pss.105
[1] O give thanks unto the LORD; call upon his name: make known his deeds among the people.
[2] Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him: talk ye of all his wondrous works.
[3] Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LORD.
[4] Seek the LORD, and his strength: seek his face evermore.
[5] Remember his marvellous works that he hath done; his wonders, and the judgments of his mouth;
[6] O ye seed of Abraham his servant, ye children of Jacob his chosen.
[7] He is the LORD our God: his judgments are in all the earth.
[8] He hath remembered his covenant for ever, the word which he commanded to a thousand generations.
[9] Which covenant he made with Abraham, and his oath unto Isaac;
[10] And confirmed the same unto Jacob for a law, and to Israel for an everlasting covenant:
[11] Saying, Unto thee will I give the land of Canaan, the lot of your inheritance:
[12] When they were but a few men in number; yea, very few, and strangers in it.
[13] When they went from one nation to another, from one kingdom to another people;
[14] He suffered no man to do them wrong: yea, he reproved kings for their sakes;
[15] Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.
[16] Moreover he called for a famine upon the land: he brake the whole staff of bread.
[17] He sent a man before them, even Joseph, who was sold for a servant:
[18] Whose feet they hurt with fetters: he was laid in iron:
[19] Until the time that his word came: the word of the LORD tried him.
[20] The king sent and loosed him; even the ruler of the people, and let him go free.
[21] He made him lord of his house, and ruler of all his substance:
[22] To bind his princes at his pleasure; and teach his senators wisdom.
[23] Israel also came into Egypt; and Jacob sojourned in the land of Ham.
[24] And he increased his people greatly; and made them stronger than their enemies.
[25] He turned their heart to hate his people, to deal subtilly with his servants.
[26] He sent Moses his servant; and Aaron whom he had chosen.
[27] They shewed his signs among them, and wonders in the land of Ham.
[28] He sent darkness, and made it dark; and they rebelled not against his word.
[29] He turned their waters into blood, and slew their fish.
[30] Their land brought forth frogs in abundance, in the chambers of their kings.
[31] He spake, and there came divers sorts of flies, and lice in all their coasts.
[32] He gave them hail for rain, and flaming fire in their land.
[33] He smote their vines also and their fig trees; and brake the trees of their coasts.
[34] He spake, and the locusts came, and caterpillers, and that without number,
[35] And did eat up all the herbs in their land, and devoured the fruit of their ground.
[36] He smote also all the firstborn in their land, the chief of all their strength.
[37] He brought them forth also with silver and gold: and there was not one feeble person among their tribes.
[38] Egypt was glad when they departed: for the fear of them fell upon them.
[39] He spread a cloud for a covering; and fire to give light in the night.
[40] The people asked, and he brought quails, and satisfied them with the bread of heaven.
[41] He opened the rock, and the waters gushed out; they ran in the dry places like a river.
[42] For he remembered his holy promise, and Abraham his servant.
[43] And he brought forth his people with joy, and his chosen with gladness:
[44] And gave them the lands of the heathen: and they inherited the labour of the people;
[45] That they might observe his statutes, and keep his laws. Praise ye the LORD.
Pss.106
[1] Praise ye the LORD. O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.
[2] Who can utter the mighty acts of the LORD? who can shew forth all his praise?
[3] Blessed are they that keep judgment, and he that doeth righteousness at all times.
[4] Remember me, O LORD, with the favour that thou bearest unto thy people: O visit me with thy salvation;
[5] That I may see the good of thy chosen, that I may rejoice in the gladness of thy nation, that I may glory with thine inheritance.
[6] We have sinned with our fathers, we have committed iniquity, we have done wickedly.
[7] Our fathers understood not thy wonders in Egypt; they remembered not the multitude of thy mercies; but provoked him at the sea, even at the Red sea.
[8] Nevertheless he saved them for his name's sake, that he might make his mighty power to be known.
[9] He rebuked the Red sea also, and it was dried up: so he led them through the depths, as through the wilderness.
[10] And he saved them from the hand of him that hated them, and redeemed them from the hand of the enemy.
[11] And the waters covered their enemies: there was not one of them left.
[12] Then believed they his words; they sang his praise.
[13] They soon forgat his works; they waited not for his counsel:
[14] But lusted exceedingly in the wilderness, and tempted God in the desert.
[15] And he gave them their request; but sent leanness into their soul.
[16] They envied Moses also in the camp, and Aaron the saint of the LORD.
[17] The earth opened and swallowed up Dathan, and covered the company of Abiram.
[18] And a fire was kindled in their company; the flame burned up the wicked.
[19] They made a calf in Horeb, and worshipped the molten image.
[20] Thus they changed their glory into the similitude of an ox that eateth grass.
[21] They forgat God their saviour, which had done great things in Egypt;
[22] Wondrous works in the land of Ham, and terrible things by the Red sea.
[23] Therefore he said that he would destroy them, had not Moses his chosen stood before him in the breach, to turn away his wrath, lest he should destroy them.
[24] Yea, they despised the pleasant land, they believed not his word:
[25] But murmured in their tents, and hearkened not unto the voice of the LORD.
[26] Therefore he lifted up his hand against them, to overthrow them in the wilderness:
[27] To overthrow their seed also among the nations, and to scatter them in the lands.
[28] They joined themselves also unto Baal-peor, and ate the sacrifices of the dead.
[29] Thus they provoked him to anger with their inventions: and the plague brake in upon them.
[30] Then stood up Phinehas, and executed judgment: and so the plague was stayed.
[31] And that was counted unto him for righteousness unto all generations for evermore.
[32] They angered him also at the waters of strife, so that it went ill with Moses for their sakes:
[33] Because they provoked his spirit, so that he spake unadvisedly with his lips.
[34] They did not destroy the nations, concerning whom the LORD commanded them:
[35] But were mingled among the heathen, and learned their works.
[36] And they served their idols: which were a snare unto them.
[37] Yea, they sacrificed their sons and their daughters unto devils,
[38] And shed innocent blood, even the blood of their sons and of their daughters, whom they sacrificed unto the idols of Canaan: and the land was polluted with blood.
[39] Thus were they defiled with their own works, and went a whoring with their own inventions.
[40] Therefore was the wrath of the LORD kindled against his people, insomuch that he abhorred his own inheritance.
[41] And he gave them into the hand of the heathen; and they that hated them ruled over them.
[42] Their enemies also oppressed them, and they were brought into subjection under their hand.
[43] Many times did he deliver them; but they provoked him with their counsel, and were brought low for their iniquity.
[44] Nevertheless he regarded their affliction, when he heard their cry:
[45] And he remembered for them his covenant, and repented according to the multitude of his mercies.
[46] He made them also to be pitied of all those that carried them captives.
[47] Save us, O LORD our God, and gather us from among the heathen, to give thanks unto thy holy name, and to triumph in thy praise.
[48] Blessed be the Lord God of Israel from everlasting to everlasting: and let all the people say, Amen. Praise ye the LORD.
Pss.107