Jerisiahs Recollection


I saw the waves crashing, rising, churning
I saw the arms older, ruddy, lifted
I saw the sea stopping, pausing, thinking
I saw the eyes question, wonder, believe.

In the light of the ramrod golden sun, I saw
in the glory of Jehovah's chosen people
in the presence of the outcast prince deliverer
in the light of the ramrod golden sun, I know.

We ran towards the divide; smiling, laughing
we felt our hearts race; cheering, laughing
we caught up our children; cheering, smiling
we were free from harm, that is what they say.

I heard the chariots, saw the smoke, the dust
I cried out the warning, gave the call, the alarm
I warned of the impending doom, felt our loss, sorrow
In the light of the ramrod golden sun, I fear.

I saw the waves stopping, pausing, lifted
I saw the arms older, ruddy, lowered
I saw the waves churning, crashing, falling
I saw the eyes question, fear, and die.

In the light of the ramrod golden sun, I believe.


Copyright 2003 by pauly hart

No comments: